NARO Groundnut Project dissemination
- Start date:
- Start time: 10:00 am
- End time: 12:00 pm
- Venue: ZOOM
Project title: Enhancing Groundnuts Value Chain Information Management Using The Suface Model For Improved Stakeholder Decision Making
- To establish a groundnuts knowledge management framework based to address information and knowledge management challenges through the novel community-based Key Farmer Trainer (KFT) and University Community Outreach models (UCO).
- Addressing issues of market linkages between groundnut farmers and buyers.
- Linking farmers to output markets and agro service providers.
- Providing mechanisms of pest and disease outbreak surveillance through the query functionality.
- Lastly product quality management through information management.
Some project Outcomes
- Establishment of baseline indicators for the project through the different farmer groups in the different regions
- Development of a groundnuts knowledge management framework “NARO GROUNDNUT” ( Web portal, Mobile application
Website, Social media presence (Facebook page, twitter))
- Development of the use of 2D and 3D animations for training.
- Empowerment of farmers on use of ICT and the ICT tools developed (at least 1000 graoundnut farmers trained)
- Project workshops, seminars and conferences (12)
- Publications (5)
Naro groundnut web portal is the Frontline platform for information access on groundnuts value chain and the Programme team.
> User query management and data collection: The system that support the capture of user requests and provides features for responses.
> Garden mapping: Supports geo-mapping of sites in real-time.
> Integrated databases: farmer profiles, input providers, market database.
> Pest and Disease surveillance..
> Customer order management…
> Tracking certification.